We’re always looking for talented people who share our passion for the environment and for sustainable farming and are keen to make their mark.
We’re currently looking for the following:
- Station Manager
About the Opportunities:
Minderoo Group established Harvest Road based on our belief in Australia’s ability to supply sustainable, high quality and ethically grown agri-food products.
The business endeavours to provide a safe, encouraging and family-oriented work environment to all staff, to ensure you have the necessary support to achieve your best results. Harvest Road is a family-owned business committed to improving animal welfare and strives towards industry leadership throughout the vertically integrated business. Harvest Road is constantly evolving, with long-term career opportunities available for successful candidates with the right attitude.
Harvest Road is currently recruiting a manager or management couple for one of its breeder stations based within the Ashburton Shire, the heart of the West Pilbara.
This is the perfect opportunity for an experienced pastoral manager, who is excited by the prospect of joining a progressive team responsible for making a significant contribution to WA’s largest vertically integrated beef businesses. We’ll also consider a capable head stockperson/overseer equivalent who can demonstrate they are ready to progress to the next level.
This opportunity will provide the successful applicant with a challenging and diverse role, with access to modern equipment and technology. Harvest Road strives to provide a safe, encouraging and family-oriented work environment to all staff, to ensure you have the support available to achieve your best results.
- management and oversight to all day to day Station operations and functions
- ensure all daily requirements of animals are meet to the highest standard with a strong focus on animal welfare
- plan and coordinate seasonal mustering activities
- facilitate property R&M and preventative maintenance
- carry out capital development works (yards, water, fencing etc.)
- management of the Station in line with business financial objectives
- undertake all Station activities in alignment with the wider goals of the business
- demonstrate a strong focus on health and safety, ensure all aspects are carried out safely and efficiently
- significant leadership experience in the pastoral beef industry
- sound knowledge of all aspects of cattle animal husbandry
- competent and confident horse person
- demonstrated problem solving and diagnostic skills
- excellent time management and organisational skills
- strong focus on safety and upholding a high standard of work
- motivated and hard-working, contributing to the Harvest Road team culture
- possess a suitable fitness level to carry out required tasks in hot weather conditions
- excellent attention to detail
- strong communication skills combined with the ability to keep and maintain records
- Road Train Licence is highly desirable
- mechanical knowledge is highly desirable
- ability to conduct pregnancy testing of cattle is highly desirable
The successful candidate will be provided with comfortable, air-conditioned accommodation with all meals and utilities included. A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate subject to their experience. Training opportunities and five weeks of annual leave are further benefits for the successful candidate.
Please note a national police clearance and pre-employment medical assessment is part of the recruitment process.
Please apply through Seek – Click here to apply