We’re always looking for talented people who share our passion for the environment and for sustainable farming and are keen to make their mark.
We’re currently looking for the following:
- Senior Position with the newly created Koojan Downs Facility.
- Implementation of a long-term farm pasture plan.
- Experience working with the largest integrated Beef Producer and Processor in WA.
About the Opportunity:
Harvest Road is developing Western Australia’s largest cattle feeding facility in Koojan Downs, two hours north of Perth. With an initial capacity of over 20,000 head, the facility will supply quality grain fed cattle to the Group’s Harvey Beef Operations. With this extensive project a requirement has arisen for an experienced and dedicated ‘Pasture Supervisor’ to join the team based in the Koojan Backgrounding Operations. This exciting new opportunity will be responsible for assisting the Farm Manager in the implementation and daily management of a long-term farm pasture plan whilst also undertaking the day to day operation of modern agricultural equipment. The role will require daily attendance in Koojan and short-term accommodation will be offered to the right candidate.
Main Duties and Tasks:
- Day to day operation of modern equipment associated with the pasture program. Daily tasks include but not limited to: Spraying, Spreading (Lime and Fertilizer), Seeding, Fire Breaks, Liquid Fertilizer Applications, Pre-Season paddock cleaning & other general duties in modern, well maintained equipment.
- Assisting the farm manager in the logistics of the pasture programs being undertaken at Koojan Downs.
- Minor mechanical repairs and maintenance of machines as set out by management.
- Supervision of best practice rotational grazing management.
- Record management of all pasture activities as required by relevant QA programs and company policies.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Extensive knowledge of modern broad acre pasture equipment including demonstrated operational experience, including Variable Rate Technology.
- Previous experience in rotational grazing of pastures.
- Confidence in modern guidance and field mapping technology.
- Candidates with demonstrated Mechanical aptitude will be highly regarded.
- Previous Supervisory/Management experience and skills of staff.
- Candidates with Fencing experience will be highly regarded.
- High level of computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft programs including Excel and Word.
- Can do attitude with a confidence to lead your department and team to success
- Self-motivator who can set own work schedules in line with pasture program as set out by management.
If this opportunity sounds like you, please send a detailed Resume and Covering Letter outlining your experience to email@example.com All applications are kept confidential, Harvest Road is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applications! Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia.
Applications close June 10th at 5:00pm WA Time.